Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Morrison goes with Harvard

Well that didn't take long at all. I brought to your attention yesterday that Salmon Arm (BCHL) forward Conor Morrison had Wiscsonsin listed on his final four teams. Early this morning D-playa e-mailed me this link confirming that Morrison committed to Harvard yesterday.

First of all, let me say that Morrison is a great player and I would have loved to see him pick Wisconsin. On the other hand, the kid is an '89 and is looking to play college hockey this year. With Wisconsin only having 1 senior forward and 2 projected early departures, there isn't a lot of spots. We already have 4 forwards signed to LOI's and the second leading scorer in the BCHL Mark Zengerle is also possibly in the fold. A 5th forward might have been overkill. I guess the point I'm trying to make is, we would have loved him, but I'm not shocked he went another route, and it was probably in his best interest to do so.
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey