Monday, February 9, 2009

Gardiner's Minnetonka blueline partner commits

We might not have gotten his brother, but Jake Gardiner's former blue line companion during his senior year at Minnetonka HS, Troy Hesketh, has decided wearing the Cardinal and White is the best decision.

Troy is a junior at Minnetonka, and plans to arrive in Madison in 2011 after a season in the USHL. For a 17 year old, he is a big kid 6'2" 180 lbs and a self described stay at home defenseman. I like him already.

Troy received scholarship offers from several schools including North Dakota, St. Cloud, Duluth and Mankato. He made a visit during the Duluth series a few weekends back, and was impressed w/ the progression in Jake Gardiner's skills.

Some quotes:

"I saw what coach Osiecki did to improve (Gardiner's) game," Hesketh said. "He's the right coach for me."

"I want somewhere where I'd feel at home," said Hesketh, who visited North Dakota and Mankato in the past two weeks. "I'm truly honored to be going to a place like Wisconsin."
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey