Thursday, February 12, 2009

Around the WCHA: only four weekends left

Well the Badgers are in first place, and they reached first by sweeping the ground squirrels to the west. The other results last week:

Denver split at Duluth
CC took 3 pts during Winter Carnival in Houghton
UAA split at home against St. Cloud and the volcano has still not erupted (that I know of)

That brings us to the standings.

1 - Denver - 22 games - 28 pts
1 - Wisconsin - 22 games - 28 pts
3 - North Dakota - 20 games - 25 pts
4 - CC - 22 games - 24 pts
5 - Duluth - 22 games - 23 pts
6 - minnesota - 20 games - 21 pts
6 - St. Cloud - 22 games - 21 pts
8 - Mankato - 22 games - 20 pts
9 - UAA - 22 games - 18 pts
10 - Tech - 22 games - 8 pts

It sure is fun cutting and pasting that and just changing the number of games played for the gophers w/ no change in points for two consecutive weeks. Its pretty tight, but I think its a three team race and Playoff Status agrees w/ me. They give UW a 38% chance at the MacNaughton, North Dakota 32% and Denver 30%. Wisconsin has about a 96% chance of home ice according to their site.

A big week w/ the Badgers off to see how everyone else does. I'm cheering for the Seawolves, land cows and Tech version of the Huskies.

UAA @ minnesota - split, only one team has swept UAA this season, Wisconsin
Mankato @ North Dakota - split (hoping at least)
Michigan Tech @ St. Cloud - 3 pts for St. Cloud
Denver @ CC (friday only) - CC wins at home
US NTDP U-18 @ CC - John Ramage's miracle blue line hat trick ruins the Tigers fun