Saturday, January 10, 2009

Jake Dowell scores 1st goal of the season

I'm a couple days late, but Jake Dowell finally scored his 1st goal of this season on Wednesday against the Grand Rapids Griffins. Rockford ended up losing in the shootout, but we're just happy to see Jake start scoring again. (box, recap)
Jake Dowell made the overtime possible with his first goal of the season while the IceHogs skated shorthanded. Dowell stripped a puck in the Rockford zone and deeked out Larsson at 7:08 of the third making it 5-4. The goal was Rockford’s third unassisted goal of the game.
I'm honestly surprised that it took him this long to score his 1st goal. I've only seen a few Rockford games this season (1 @ Chicago, 1 or 2 online), but Dowell's play looked solid -- nothing extraordinary, but he looked decent, and that's saying something given how poorly Rockford played when I saw them in Chicago. So I'm not quite sure why it's taken him so long to score. (Although, like I said, I really haven't seen very many games.) Hopefully this will be a spark for the rest of his season.

Dowell also had an assist last night in Rockford's 3-1 victory over Chicagao. (box, recap)

In 35 games with the Icehogs this season, Dowell is 1-10-11, +8.
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey