Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Nick Pryor considering other D1 schools . . .

Can't say I care all that much anymore. Yes, I was bummed about Pryor's decommitment, but I'm moving on, and I'm not all that interested in where Pryor ends up. Sure, I'm intrigued by the whole situation, especially given Pryor's conflicting and ambiguous statements, but in the end it doesn't matter all that much to me.

But in case others out there are interested, I thought I should post this. From Charley Walters of the Pioneer Press (thanks to wojo for the heads-up):
Defenseman Nick Pryor, whose NHL rights are owned by the Anaheim Ducks and who is playing for the Des Moines Buccaneers of the U.S. Hockey League, has backed out of his commitment to the University of Wisconsin and is considering Maine, Boston College, North Dakota, St. Cloud State and Minnesota-Duluth.
He hasn't cleared the NCAA clearinghouse yet, and it makes me wonder if Pryor named some of those schools in order to deflect attention away from academic issues. I guess we'll have to wait to see how things play out . . .
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey