Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ben Street

The Badger Herald today has another article on Ben Street, and this article has some good quotes from Blake Geoffrion, Mike Eaves, and Street himself.

Clearly Street's presence on the ice will be missed, but he is already demonstrating his maturity and leadership ability regarding this situation. Rather than dwelling on the injury, Street indicates he's trying to take the injury in stride and is focusing on what he can do to help the team despite being unable to play.
“We have talked about ‘How do I stay involved with the team? What becomes my role now?’” Eaves said. “I said, ‘Let’s find out what’s going to happen in terms of what they need to do, and we’ll go from there.’”

I feel pretty bad about Street's injury -- never like to see any player suffer a serious injury, and obviously Street is a very important part of this team. But I'm impressed (although not surprised) with Street's response, and I just thought it bore mention.
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey