Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Good chance Street will not return this season

Todd at TCT has an update and nice article about Ben Street today. The timetable the doctors are giving Ben is toward the 6 months part of the 3 to 6 month recovery that was originally reported. Ben still hasn't had surgery, though it should occur in the next 10 days.

Ben should be eligible for a medical hardship redshirt, but it could be a tough decision if he is ready and the team is making a run later in the season. Ben sums things up pretty well:

"For me, does it really make sense to come back with two or three games left in the season at 50 percent, when I'm not really going to help the team, where I might be able to save myself for a whole another season and really help the team?" he said.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I would love to have Ben back next season if he can't return, he would be a great leader who would be really hunger to make the most of his ice time. Playing devil's advocate, his return removes one scholarship from the table, w/ 5 forwards looking to join us next Fall.


Todd also has another post weekend article about the team. The team is trying to figure out the little things to get past this bump in the road and notch a win. Tom Gorowsky is quoted several times in the article including:

Said fourth-line winger Gorowsky: "I think we're all kind of hungry. I was definitely hungry to get in the lineup. I hadn't played in a while and I wanted to play well."

Lastly, according to the article, Aaron Bendickson will be out again this week, missing his 5th and 6th games of the season. We could really use Bendy back in the lineup.
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey