Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Women's Player Previews: #23 Hilary Knight

Vitals:

Position: Forward
Year in School: Sophomore
Shoots Right
Height: 5-11
Hometown: Hanover, NH
Previous Team: Connecticut Polar Bears
Major: ?

07/08 Stats: 41 games, 20-18-38, +24, 28 PIM

Thoughts: Where to start w/ Hilary? She has a boat load of National Team experience including being part of the last two U22 series against Canada. She is already a fixture on Team USA. Last season Hilary was 2nd on the team in goals, 3rd in points and 1st in the WCHA in GW goals. For her efforts she made the WCHA All-Rookie team. I would have to give Hilary some of the create for me even posting these previews for the Women. I attended one game last season, and her sick move around one of the land cow (Mankato) players to score a goal made me ponder why I didn't attend Women's game in the past. I'm pretty excited to attend games this season, where Hilary should be one of the top scorers for Wisconsin.

Photo from uwbadgers.com
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey