Monday, September 29, 2008

Some more love for the Badger Women

As Gandalf so nicely pointed out, the Badger Women had a pretty nice weekend. Here are some more articles about the series:

Schultz (TCT): Badgers begin season with a rout
Storlie (Daily Cardinal): Knight leads Badgers past Bobcats in two-game series
Donahue (Badger Herald): School record of 5 goals by sophomore Hilary Knight sparks offensive outburst

Clearly Hilary Knight was fantastic -- I love this quote, though: "We have some excellent passers on our team, and fortunately enough for me, the passes got through, and I was able to put a few in." Gotta love Hilary Knight!

I'm also pretty excited about the Duggan-Deluce-Prévost line. They accounted for 5 of the Badgers' goals on Friday and 1 goal on Saturday, and I like them a lot!

I'm assuming that Coach Johnson gave a press conference today, but I didn't see anything on uwbadgers.com yet. I'll keep an eye out and try to post a link when it's available.

By the way, I didn't realize this previously, but it sounds like all of the home games will be webcast live on uwbadgers.com at no charge. So if you can't make it to the games, check out the webcast! Looks like Eric Levine of the Daily Cardinal is doing the play-by-play, with a little help from senior Kayla Hagen who currently is unable to play.
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey