Friday, September 26, 2008

It's Friday, I'm in Love

I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care about you
It's Friday, I'm in love

-- The Cure
Back when I wrote for HIW, I did a little thing called "It's Friday, I'm in Love" on Fridays when the Badger Men played. This year, I've decided to expand it to Fridays when the Badger Women play, because I think the Women deserve a little love, too. I'm pretty fired-up (surprise!) about going down to Madison to watch them sweep Quinnipiac this weekend.

Can't wait to see our new freshmen -- Brooke Ammerman, Brittany Haverstock, Carolyne Prévost (don't imagine we'll see Nikki Kaasa in net) -- and I can't wait see all of the returning players. What fun!

So, without further ado, here's a little game-day linkorama:

Uwbadgers.com: Official series preview

Milewski (TCT): New season, new view for Badgers
Baggot (WSJ blog): Badgers shoot for another title

Levine (Daily Cardinal): Ready, Set, Drop the Puck
Mason (Badger Herald): Ready for Redemption
Oleson (Badger Herald): Despite short prep time, women's hockey ready
Mason/Zetlin (Badger Herald): PCP - Shootouts a good idea?

Also, if you didn't get a chance to read them all yet -- check out Gandalf's previews of the players and coaching staff, as well as my more detailed profiles of the freshmen (but I'm only half done --I've done Haverstock and Prevost but still need to do Ammerman and Kaasa).
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey