Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to Us!

A year ago today, "Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets." made it's humble debut.

A few of you may remember back when DPlaya graciously allowed Chuck and I to write for his blog HIW. Then DPlaya got a nice offer from WSN (and good for him!), and Chuck and I were left to our own devices. We both toyed with the idea of starting our own blog, but neither of us thought we had enough time, so we didn't do anything.

And then while Gandalf and I were in the car either going to or coming back from a Blackhawks game, Gandalf randomly mentioned something about maybe wanting to write a blog. Having 3 people write for a blog makes for much less work than just 2 people, and I was pretty sure Chuck would come on board if Gandalf and I started something up. So I responded to Gandalf's remark (in a completely over-melodramatic way, I'm sure) that we should start our own blog. Nubeetle was in the car with us, so he got roped into the deal as well.

We had initially talked about starting something up later in the offseason. But then I apparently disagreed "a bit" with some of the media coverage regarding Midwest Regional and the end of the Badgers' season. So I logged onto blogger, picked a template, picked a title (from the motto of the 1990 Championship Team, of course), introduced the blog, hoped all my planned contributors would actually come on board (luckily they did), and wrote my 1st real post. We lost nubeetle along the way, but with some quality recruiting by Gandalf we picked up a blue-chipper in blockski, so I can't really complain.

I'd like to thank Gandalf, Chuck, nubeetle, and blockski for all the work they've done over the past year. You guys are awesome!

I'd also like to thank all of our loyal readers. I can't believe how much our readership has increased over the past year. We started with under 3,000 visits our 1st month, and last month we had 13,854 visits. Wow. We've had fun with the blog, and we're glad that you've enjoyed our efforts over the past year and hope you continue to do so in the future. Thanks for reading!
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey