Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tom Bardis Released From UW Roster

There have been rumors floating around that Wisconsin and junior forward Tom Bardis have parted ways. Unfortunately I have to report that those rumors are true.

Bardis said, "I was very surprised by the news and also hurt because although hockey hasn’t gone my way the past couple years, it is still the sport that I truly love and will always be passionate about."

Bardis, who transferred from St. Lawrence, only played in three games for the Badgers this season after having to sit out 2008 due to NCAA transfer guidelines might not have gotten a fair shake for playing time. "I played only 3 games and to be honest the first two were quit nerve racking with combination of the year and a half without a game and the Kohl center atmosphere. I believe the one other game that I played in I played well and really started to feel my game again."

Regardless of his playing time, Bardis gave his heart and soul to the Badger program over the last two seasons. "This is The University of Wisconsin and I knew coming in here that it would be a battle everyday to break this lineup. Saying that, I came to the rink everyday and worked as hard as I could on and off the ice to give myself the best opportunity to do just that."

Bardis who says he will finish his degree at the University of Wisconsin also had nothing but great things to say about the staff and his teammates at Wisconsin. "My time at UW has been great so far and I still respect the coaches and my teammates in every aspect. It was an absolute honor to be a part of this team and I will cherish it for the rest of my life. I learned many things and had many wonderful experiences that I wouldn’t trade for the world."

I would personally like to thank Tom for his time as a Badger. He may not be able to wear the Wisconsin sweater any more, but once a Badger, always a Badger. Good luck in your future endeavors Tom.
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey