Monday, March 23, 2009

TW Minor advances to Nationals!

I've been a bit negligent in my coverage of Team Wisconsin lately, but it's time to rectify that.

This weekend, #14 TW Minor won the U16 Central District Championship by virtue of a 3-2 victory over #2 Team Illinois on Friday and a 5-2 victory over #36 Russell Stover on Sunday. I don't have box scores, but I think I'll send tdd an email and see if he can fill us in, so check back here later for an updated post.

The previous weekend, TW Minor won the WAHA championship to advance to the Central District championship. They defeated the Milwaukee Junior Admirals 4-3 and the Madison Capitols 9-4 before defeating the Caps again 6-3 in the championship game. Again, I don't have box scores but will see what I can find out.

I was actually at the WAHA championship game, but I'm an unreliable witness, and I can't actually tell you who scored. But I can tell you we saw some pretty good hockey and had a lot of fun -- it was definitley worth hanging around Madison for an extra day to see the game.

As far as potential UW recruits go, keep an eye on defenseman Jake McCabe and forward Max McCormick. Chuck has also previously mentioned defenseman Joey Fiala and forwards Ryan Dau, Todd Koritzinski, and Tanner Tryggestad. And I wouldn't be who I am if I didn't remind you all that TW Minor is coached by Badger Gary Shuchuk. Luv ya, Shuey!

Next up for TW: The USA Hockey Tier I National Championships, April 1-5 in Chesterfield, MO. Looks like the usahockey site will include online scoring.

Good luck, Team Wisconsin! Go T-dub!
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey