Thursday, March 11, 2010

Kevin Patrick Takes USHL Head Coaching Job

First of all, I just want to apologize, I've been without internet for almost a day and it's been a pain. I wish I could have gotten to this earlier.

Any ways, University of Wisconsin assistant coach Kevin Patrick has taken the head coaching job with the new expansion USHL franchise in Muskegon, MI. Patrick will finish out the rest of the season with the Badgers and immediately jump into his new job after Wisconsin wins the National Championship.

From the CHN article: "We've known for several years that he needs to get out from being a passenger in the car and get behind the wheel and drive himself," said UW head coach Mike Eaves. "He needs to be a head coach. He's been offered several jobs but they just haven't worked out."

Patrick has been a hot name in the coaching circles over the past couple of seasons. He's been a finalist for a few D-1 jobs. I'm glad to see him make a move to better his career he's a really good coach. He will definitely be missed but I have faith that we can find a capable replacement.

Also from the article: In a statement, Patrick said, “I am truly excited for the opportunity to be the leader of the Muskegon team and to be a part of the premier junior hockey league in North America as it begins its next venture into the state of Michigan. It is a great opportunity for me to be in a passionate hockey community as I know the people of Muskegon will be great fans and supporters of the USHL.”

Good luck coach.
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey