Saturday, October 24, 2009

A few alumni updates

  • While the Sharks are nearing the end of a 6-game road trip, Joe Pavelski has been skating at Sharks Ice in San Jose while rehabbing an lower body injury. When the injury was announced on Oct 5, he was expected to be sidelined for a couple of weeks. No word on current expectations for his return.
  • Speaking of Pavs, he recently took part in the Reading is Cool program, stopping by a San Jose middle school to read to and talk to some 2nd-graders
    “If I can’t be on the road with the team, I’m glad I was able to get out into the community,” said Pavelski, who is currently sidelined with minor lower body injury. “It’s not something I get to do very often and the kids were awesome.”

    “Those kids were all over the place. They wanted to be doctors, artists, pilots and teachers. It was great! It reminded me about my own dreams growing up and how lucky I am to have been able to achieve them,” Pavelski noted.
  • It's no surprise that Dany Heatley is not concerned with public perception, but hey, I'm glad he likes it in San Jose.
  • Tom Gilbert now has 7 TVs in his basement and dressed up as a cowgirl for the Oilers Halloween party. Good ol' Tom's blogs are always, ummm, interesting, but I think he's funny. Luv ya, Tom!
  • Chris Chelios made his Wolves debut on Friday in the Wolves' 1-0 shootout loss to the Manitoba Moose. I can't post the picture here, but Ross Dettman (who I had the pleasure of chatting with when we went to the Rockford/Wolves game) has a fantastic pic of Cheli during Wednesday's practice. It's picture 23 (2nd to last pic) of the Wolves' Week in Pictures.
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey