Friday, October 16, 2009

Belated Congrats to Davis Drewiske on his 1st NHL goal

I suppose I could've included this in the alumni updates post that I'm planning, but dang it, I wanted to give Davis his own post, and who's gonna stop me?

I meant to post this a while back but never got around to it. I'm a bad Badger fan / bad Davis Drewiske fan. Sorry, Davis!

In the 2nd game of the season, Drewiske scored his 1st NHL goal, an empty netter in the Kings' 6-4 win over San Jose. He also has an assist that night.

Here's the video of his goal. (Thanks, Capo!)

Drewiske has played in every game this season, and he's averaging 15-16 min of ice time. You can follow his stats here.

I like Drewiske because he's not the most talented guy (obviously he has enough talent to play in the NHL, but you know what I mean), but he's smart and works hard and keeps his game simple.

Oh, and Baggot had a nice article a couple weeks ago (which I also neglected to post earlier, sorry) which featured Drewiske.
"I always thought that mentally I was smart enough to be able to figure it out, but I needed to get myself faster and stronger so I could compete."

"I always felt like I could play. I've always believed in myself."
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey