Friday, April 4, 2008

USHL Badger Recruit Update

During 2008, I've taking a liking to following the USHL, mainly just the Badger recruits, and plan to update their progress every weekend, this will be a regular thing next season. I plan to attend more games in Green Bay next season as well w/ the blog's good friend DCB, and I'll have scouting reports as well.

Disclaimer: I know Dplaya over at HIW does USHL reports too, not trying to compete w/ him, I'm mainly concerned about our recruits and that is who I'm going to report on.

Green Bay was rolled by Waterloo tonight 7-1. Goalie Aaron Crandall was in net and made 47 saves on 54 shots. Apparently the Gamblers didn't want to play defense tonight. Gambler Ryan Little was -1, w/ a shot and 6 PIM. On the winning side, Craig Smith had a nice night w/ 2 assists, 5 shots and was +2 . Brock Montpetit, also on Waterloo, had 1 shot and was even.

Lincoln beat Tri-City 4-2. Travis Erstad, Lincoln, didn't crack the score sheet. Chris Hickey, Tri-City, had 5 shots and was -1.

Omaha put a beating on Sioux City 7-1. For Omaha, Matt Thurber had 2 assists, was +2, and had 4 shots. Really looking forward to seeing him play since I missed him in Green Bay a few weeks back when he had the flu. His teammate, Patrick Wiercioch was +1.

Sioux Falls won in a shootout 3-2 over Des Moines. Dman Eric Springer did not crack the score sheet.

With the regular season ending this weekend in the USHL, I'll be rolling out my first USHL wrap up on Chris Hickey, Ryan Little and Aaron Crandall next week since their teams will not be continuing on in the playoffs.
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey