Thursday, April 3, 2008

Some love for Josh Engel

Those of you who know me know that I'm a Josh Engel fan. He didn't get much ice time in 05-06, but he stepped in splendidly that season after Piskula was injured. He was solid on D, and who could forget his pass to Skille, leading to the GWG against Cornell? This season, Eaves moved Engel up to F in order to get him more ice time. He scored his first goal pretty quickly in the Badgers first game of the season. Then, of course he was injured and missed some ice time, but he returned and continued to play as a forward. I was never a fan of his playing at F, although I was happy to see him get some ice time. I just thought he could be better used on D. After Smith was injured, Eaves moved Engel back to D, and I thought Engel played great. He seemed solid to me, and I was never worried when he was out on the ice. I'm glad I got to see him finish the season on D.

As DPlaya reported today, the Albany River Rats (AHL) have signed Engel to an amateur tryout agreement. Good Luck, Josh!!
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey