Thursday, November 13, 2008

BCHL Forward Commits to the Badgers

New York native Mark Zengerle has committed to the Badgers, and will likely join the team starting in the Fall of 2010. Mark currently plays for the Salmon Arm Silverbacks and is the 3rd leading scorer in the BCHL w/ 14-26-40 in 21 games. He came to Salmon Arm in a trade for Derek Lee. Mark is listed at 5'11 172 lbs.

It appears Denver, North Dakota and Boston U were on Mark's radar, but once he arrived in Madison last weekend for a visit during the Michigan Tech series that made his choice rather clear.

"Wisconsin was my first visit, and I knew that was the place I wanted to go," he said.

"Obviously, the hockey is pretty amazing," he added. "I really liked the coaches, I liked the facilities. I liked what the coaches had said to me."

Its nice to see the BCHL connection continue for the Badgers. In the recent past, the BCHL has supplied Wisconsin w/ Ben Street, Kyle Turris, and Scott Gudmandson, and we'll see Derek Lee and Justin Schultz in the Cardinal and White next Fall.

Mark welcome to the Badgers!
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey