Wednesday, July 16, 2008

KT wouldn't give up year at UW for anything

Thanks to Todd at TCT for nice article about young Kyle Turris. It's a little review of KT's past 12 months from #3 overall pick to his season at Wisconsin to getting ready for his first full season in the NHL w/ the Phoenix Coyotes.

A nice quote: "The atmosphere and the school spirit were out of this world. I wouldn't have traded that year for the world."

Though I'm sure there will be a lot of people at his games in the NHL, fans won't be cheering for him quite as diehardedly as they did at Wisconsin.

KT has added on 10 lbs during the year and should start the season as Phoenix's 2nd line Center. KT's thought on the upcoming season, "I'm just going to go out and work as hard as I can, and try to do everything I can to help the team win. I'll try to chip in offensively and not be a liability defensively."
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey