Friday, July 11, 2008

A big framed wrecking ball?

I have a fun little quote, and I removed the player's name so that I could ask you who you think this quote is regarding.
If you have had the opportunity to watch any of the Badgers’ games this year you would know this player is a big framed wrecking ball on the ice who loves to throw his body around to punish opponents. The Wild could use some grit as well as an element of nastiness to its prospect pool. He is another tryout who will garner some long looks by the team’s management.

Any guesses?

Of course, if you've been following the Wild's prospects camp, you know that John Mitchell is there. And yes, Mitchell is big-framed. But I don't think he's a wrecking ball who loves to throw his body around to punish opponents, nor do I think he provides an element of nastiness. In fact, I think he could use his body a bit more than he does.

Don't get me wrong; I'm a John Mitchell fan. I love how hard he works, I love his long reach, and I love how he elevated his game last year over the year before. And I'm looking forward to watching him play again this year. But I think the above quote misrepresents who John Mitchell is as a player. And it makes me want to ask the author, "Did YOU have the opportunity to watch any Badger games last year."

Props (again) to DPlaya for finding this article.

Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey