Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday night Badger hockey links

What I figured to be a slow news day turned into a very busy one for me. Here are a few new links of interest. This is my 5th post today so make sure you check out the posts below as well. Have an awesome night everyone. Awesome week to be a Badger so far.

Hockeys Future listed it's top draftable players from the USHL. 2009 defensive recruit Patrick Wiercioch is listed as the third best available prospect. Other notables with Badger ties are goaltender Aaron Crandall and Brock Montpetit.

I missed this from Thursday and 60 would shoot me if I didn't post this, but Tom Gilbert has been named to the NHL all rookie team. Jonathon Toews from UND was the only other college player selected.

NHL.com did a profile on Shattuck St. Marys Friday for the upcoming NHL draft.

NHL.com also profiled Minnesota high school defensemen Aaron Ness and Wisconsin recruit Jake Gardiner.

North Dakota recruit Mike Chichy spurns the QMJHL a week after the Q stole a Sioux recruit. Not Badger news but we want to keep the best players in college hockey regardless.

Comcast and the Big Ten network are reportedly close to a deal. If Comcast gets a deal done then I'm assuming it's only a matter of time before Charter does the same.
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey