Thursday, August 27, 2009

Preds might be interested in Chelios

"I said, 'Chris, are you sure you'd have the interest of playing in Nashville, because you're not exactly well-liked here?' '' Trotz said. "He said, 'Trotzy, trust me, I'm not well-liked anywhere.' I said 'Yeah, I guess you're right.' ''
According to the Tennessean's John Glennon (via Illegal Curve), the Predators haven't ruled out adding a veteran for the 7th spot on the blueline before the season starts. Head Coach Barry Trotz indicates he's going to give younger guys the opportunity to win a roster spot but that they would definitely consider Chelios.

Preds on the Glass has this to say:
Not that it will actually happen, but my ongoing effort at mentioning Chris Chelios as a 7/8 D-Man has finally made the MSM. John Glennon writes of the possibility this morning. Will it actually happen? I doubt it. Chelios has spoken with every team in the league in his search for a job including hanging out at the US and Canada Olympic camps.
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey