Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Twitter Update

A few months ago I posted a list of current and former Wisconsin hockey players on twitter as well as media that cover the team as well as the WCHA. I figured I'd give it an update as the list of active players in the twitter game has doubled since the time of my last post.

Twitter has become one of the best hockey and more specifically WCHA hockey resources on the Internet. Virtually every WCHA team beat writer has an account, as do most WCHA fan bloggers. It's become a great source to communicate with writers from around the league and NCAA hockey even if you are just a fan.

I (obviously) have an account that I link to on every one of my posts. If you started following me last year, check to make sure you still are because I deleted my account the last time I pulled a Favre and retired over the summer and had to start a new one and lost all my followers. You can find my twitter account here.

Here is a list of people to start following if you aren't already:

Current Wisconsin Men's Players
@jgardiner272
@zengerle9
@eSprings4

@SeanDolan16
@BJBennett88
@ScottGudmandson
@6Schultz6

Current Wisconsin Women's Players
@Hilary_Knight
@MalloryDeluce
@laurenunser

Former Wisconsin Men's and Women's Players
@bssmith7
@cgoloubef27
@JohnMitchell24

@RyanCJeffery
@MikeGDavies
@ShaneConnelly
@zbearson
@BlakeGeoffrion
@BradWinchester
@kyleturris
@skoolz43
@KylaSandersNY

Wisconsin Hockey Media
@BadgerWHockey (official twitter)
@BadgerMHockey (official twitter)
@AndyBaggotWSJ (Wisconsin State Journal)
@RyanEvans19 (Daily Cardinal)
@maxhenson (Badger Herald)
@AdamJSHolt (Badger Herald)
@RobbVogel (WPT Play by play)
@TheBadgerNation (Badgernation.com)
@B5Q (Bucky's fifth quarter)
@TexWestern (Sixty Minutes Blog)
@ToddMilewski (madison.com and USCHO.com)

WCHA Media
@patesonskates (Kevin Pates, Minnesota-Duluth)
@cpurcellOWH (Chad Purcell, Nebraska-Omaha)
@UNDSID (Jayson Hajdu, North Dakota SID)
@csgazzettehockey (Joe Paisley, Colorado College)
@WCHAHockey
@estromgren (Eric Stromgren, Bemidji State)
@eyeonupuk (Roman Augustoviz, Minnesota)
@bruceciske (Bruce Ciske, Minnesota-Duluth)
@SchlossmanGF (Brad Elliott Schlossman, North Dakota)
@Puckato (Shane Frederick, Minnesota State)
@MickHatten (Mick Hatten, St. Cloud State)
@USCHO_Semisch (Matthew Semisch, Nebraska-Omaha)
@KVSCHockey (St. Cloud Radio)
@GoldenGopherHky (Minnesota official)
@UNDMHockey (North Dakota official)

WCHA Bloggers
@unomavmania (Nebraska-Omaha)
@goon48 (North Dakota)
@MavPuck (Nebraska-Omaha)
@uaafanblog (Alaska Anchorage)
@hammyhockey (Minnesota)
@chrisdilks (Western College Hockey)
@GopherPuckLive (Minnesota)
@runwiththedogs (Minnesota-Duluth)
@HuskyHockey (St. Cloud State)

National Media
@chnews
@USCHO

@INCH
@ChrisDilks (Western College Hockey Blog)
@Fetch9 (The College Hockey Blog)
@CHNDanMeyers (Dan Meyers, College Hockey News)
@INCH_Gladdy (Joe Gladziszewski, Inside College Hockey)
@_collegehockey (College Hockey Inc)


If I've missed any that you think I should add to this list, please leave a comment. I probably missed a few on accident.

chuckschwartz@live.com
Follow me on Twitter
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey