Monday, February 15, 2010

Wisconsin Mr. Hockey Finalists Announced

The eight finalists for the 2010 Mr. Hockey award have been announced by the Wisconsin Hockey Coaches Association. The winner will be announced at the Player of the Year banquet to be held in Madison on Wednesday, March 3 during the State Hockey Tournament.

Past winners include Badger recruits Cody Strang (2009), Jefferson Dahl (2008), UW-Stevens Point forward Travis Erstad (2007), North Dakota Fighting Sioux defenseman Derrick LaPoint (2006), Myles Hamblin (2005), Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks forward Danny Swanson (2004), and L.A. Kings defenseman Davis Drewiske (2003).

I put together a prediction of who the candidates would be back in and predicted 7 out of the 8 finalists. Not bad at all If I do say so myself. Check the link for quick bio's I put together for all of the players. I stand by my final predictions on who will win as well.

Predicted Winner: Max McCormick-Green Bay Notre Dame
Runner Up: Brian Berger-Arrowhead
Goalie of the Year: Tony Kujava-Green Bay Notre Dame
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey