Thursday, October 21, 2010

What I Want To See Against Denver

This weekend, the Badgers travel to Denver to square off with the #11 Pioneers. It's time for week two of my installment of this silly series, so here's I want the Badgers to do this weekend:

1. Bucky making Adam Murray looking bad
Pioneers' goalie Adam Murray hasn't looked good in limited action early this year or last. Granted, Boston College will make just about anyone look rough in net. Anyway, Wisconsin's young offense looked great against UAH, and I want to see them continue their momentum.

2. Justin Schultz continuing his hot start
Echoing Gandalf's comments from earlier this week, Schultz looked as impressive on the power play as any defenseman I have seen in red and white last weekend. He has such a firm grasp of the system that Eaves wants to run and he executes it beautifully, to the tune of two goals and five assists in four games. If he can keep up his production on the offensive end this weekend, Wisconsin should come home with a few points.

3. Cutting down on the penalties
UAH got 13 power plays last week, converting twice. Even though the Pioneers lost a few big names from last year's team and despite their 1-21 power play efficiency so far this year, they'll find a way to get on the scoreboard if you give them that many opportunities.

4. Spreading out the scoring
Last week I got my wish, with goals coming from all lines and in lots of different situations. I hope that's the case again this week.

While I'd obviously like to see a sweep, I think a split is much more likely, and would be a reasonable result for this young team. My guess is Gudmandson gets a win Friday night and Bennett takes a loss on Saturday.
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey