Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tim Davison Is Your Newest Badger (2 weeks ago)

First of all, I want to apologize this should have been posted two weeks ago. I received multiple e-mail tips from people but I was out of town taking care of important business (aka my fantasy football draft).

I'm sure by now you've heard that Tim Davison from (Green Bay) Notre Dame Academy has committed to the University of Wisconsin for either the 2012 or 2013 season. I'd link the article that Dplaya wrote but I have no idea how to find it on his new site.

Anyways, I've been telling you about Timmy D since early last fall when I scouted him with the Team Wisconsin minor squad. He's smaller in stature at 5'10, 163 pounds but what he loses in size he makes up for in skating ability and position. He's a good puck mover with offensive capabilities. His biggest weakness at this point is his consistency. He has to come to play every night.

Davison was drafted in the USHL futures draft by the Youngstown Phantoms this past spring and made the team out of camp. He turned down the opportunity to play in the USHL this year to return to Notre Dame Academy for his junior season. He's also playing with Team Wisconsin majors. He's expected to play 2011-12 in the USHL and possibly another year depending on departures and progression.

By the way, the picture above is Davison on the right and potential recruit Zach Stepan on the left after they won Gold this summer with the USA U-17 squad.

chuckschwartz@live.com
Follow me on Twitter
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey