Thursday, May 21, 2009

Zengerle Still Coming To Wisconsin In 2010

One of the biggest problems with recruiting big time talent is that sometimes they don't ever make it on campus. I got a chance to talk with 2010 blue chipper Mark Zengerle this afternoon who confirmed that he is a lock to be in Madison to start the 2010 season.

"Yes, my plan is to come to Wisconsin in 2010 there is no doubt about it."

Zengerle, who absolutely tore up the BCHL last season by leading the league in points per game was drafted in the third round of the recent USHL draft by the Fargo Force. The high selection came as a bit of a shock to Zengerle who told the USHL teams prior to the draft that he would be heading back to Salmon Arm.

"Tri City wanted to take me at number 1 overall but I told them I was going back to Salmon Arm. So yes I was some what surprised."

Zengerle had nothing but impeccable things to say about Wisconsin and why it's the right fit for him.

"I think Wisconsin is an amazing place and I'm willing to play one more year of junior hockey before they bring me in. There's a ton of draws that makes me want to wait to go to Wisconsin and Wisconsin only. The coaching staff is awesome and the campus itself was just amazing and I don't want go to anywhere else."

"Also, I feel like another year of improvement on my game will give me an edge and I feel like I will be able to come in and hopefully be an impact player right away my freshman year. With many players leaving after next season I feel like coming in 2010 bigger and stronger that I will have a lot of opportunity and I really look forward to going there and can't wait."
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey