Monday, March 15, 2010

North Dakota's Matt Frattin Suspended 1 Game

The infamous drunk lawn mower throwing, legally drunk driving forward from the University of North Dakota has been suspended by the WCHA for a game for a hit Sunday night on Minnesota defenseman Kevin Wehrs.

I watched the game live and at the time didn't see anything that was worthy of a suspension. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see a replay because the TV feed cut out on FCS. I thought, and still do, that it was probably worthy of a 2:00 minute charging penalty.

Grand Forks Herald beat writer Brad Elliott Scholossman has some screen shots of the hit. It's hard to use this as conclusive evidence so I'll let you draw your own conclusions. Although to me it looks like the puck is on Wehrs stick, Frattin's arms are down, and he's on the ice when he makes contact.

I have yet to see evidence that he makes contact with Wehrs head. If he did, that changes my opinion completely. As it stands, North Dakota may have gotten screwed. Frattin will miss North Dakota's quarter-final game at the Final Five on Thursday vs Minnesota-Duluth.























Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey