Friday, July 10, 2009

Summer Spotlight: Davis Drewiske!

The Manchester Monarchs shine their summer spotlight this week on Badger alum Davis Drewiske. And so I thought I'd see what other Davis Drewiske links I could find.

First up, here's Drewiske's "Who Are You?" video from the Monarchs, which you may have already seen linked on twitter.

You might remember that Drewiske was named Monarchs Man of the Year in March, but in case you didn't, I thought I'd better remind you.

Also in March, the Union Leader had 5 Qs with Monarchs defenseman Davis Drewiske.

Drewiske started the 2008-09 season with the Monarchs but was called up in February and played 5 games with the Kings before being reassigned to Manchester. He was then recalled in March and played 12 more games with the Kings. I really like this article about Drewiske's 2nd stint with the Kings.

The Hudson Star Observer recently had a nice article about Drewiske going back to Hudson to thanks his coaches, but apparently now we have to pay $2.95 to read it.

I'd also like to mention that Drewiske was nice enough to donate one of his Badger jerseys for Joe Pavelski's golf outing fundraiser this summer. (I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was his freshman year jersey.) Very cool, Davis, very cool.

(Photo courtesy of Redheat15)
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey