Sunday, July 26, 2009

Zengerle Officially Going Back To Salmon Arm

There has been plenty of speculation as to where Badger super recruit Mark Zengerle would be playing hockey next season. As was eluded to earlier, Mark Zengerle is officially headed back to Salmon Arm for the 2009-2010 season.

Last season for Salmon Arm, Mark recorded 93 points in 54 games for the Silverbacks, good enough for second overall in points, and tied for first in points per game.

I got a chance to talk with Mark today and he said that the love from the Salmon Arm folks was too hard to turn down. "I made the decision right before the Fargo camp. In the end I just felt loyal to my coaches, the organization, and the town really. It's tough because all my teammates, coaches, and fans were calling and emailing hoping for me to come back."

Mark is also excited to take on a bigger role with the club this season, and he feels he still has unfinished business north of the border. "I'm going to be put into a leadership role which I'm excited about. Plus i want to win the RBC."
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey