Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Another Troy Hesketh interview!

With Hesketh participating in this week's Oilers development camp, The Pipeline Show has a nice interview with the future Badger blueliner. (Skip to 3:10 of the audio, as the interview doesn't start until then.)

Among other things, Hesketh talks a bit about:
  • his game -- stay at home defensemen (but willing to jump into the play if needed), good stick, willing to make/take the big hits (but won't take himself out of the play by doing so)
  • his size -- currently 6'2", expects to grow to 6'5"-6'6", 188# and still gaining (has a dad and brother who are 6'8" and 6'9", btw)
  • on whether he'd like to fast forward a couple years -- "I'm in no rush to grow up. . . . I have so much to look forward to, and that just makes me want to work harder every day. . . . . I'd kind of hold off on that fast forward, I just want to get better. . . . If it takes longer, so be it."
  • looking forward to playing for Mark Osiecki: "I love the way he coaches, and I love what he did with my old defensive partner Jake Gardiner."
Good stuff, take a listen!
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey