Friday, July 24, 2009

More odds & ends

  • Gandalf also tells me that DU is gonna be pretty good this year. Speaking of DU, Chambers has more on Wiercioch's decision to return for his sophomore season.
  • Gandalf tells me lots of other things, too, but I can't remember what they are. Chuck tells me that the gophers still suck, but I don't really need him to tell me that.
  • Enough about Gandalf and Chuck, and enough about non-Badger teams/players. Because Brian Elliott recently got some nice mention in Jonathan Willis' post about the most injury-prone starting goaltenders and their backups. The point of his post, of course, is that the Oilers are screwed, but along the he deems Els a good backup and says:
    Ottawa prospect Brian Elliott has a tremendous track record in college (.938, .923 SV% in his two years as a starter), a good record in the AHL (.915, .926 SV% his last two seasons) and did a decent job (.902 SV%) last year in the NHL over an extended debut (31 games).
  • Hmmm, I seem to have run out of actual Badger-related news. But since yesterday I passed along that Coach Mike Eaves' older son Ben had signed with the Preds, I might as well pass on today that his younger son Patrick was traded to the Bruins. I've also read that the Bruins then placed him on waivers with the intent of buying him out. Because I've never really paid attention, I don't understand that sort of stuff. I'm waiting for EoDs to explain it to me. Because I get the feeling that he could probably do so. Either that, or he'll try to reach through his computer to strangle me.
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey