Monday, May 31, 2010

Recruiting Update Part 1: Corbin McGuire

Sunday night I started making a post of recruiting notes that I've been getting together lately. As I was working on this, the post got very, very long so I decided to break it into posts for specific players. I've got 5 updates and I've programed the site to post an update every two hours on the hour.
---------------------------------
I've been getting a lot of questions about 2012 forward recruit Corbin McGuire (pictured) and where he will be playing hockey the next few seasons. He has spent the last two seasons playing prep hockey in New England. This past season he averaged a point per game for Taft Prep and recorded a hat trick in an exhibition game at Fenway Park which was held in conjunction with the NHL's Winter Classic.

I was able to reach Corbin over the holiday weekend and he confirmed to me that he is making the move to the USHL, where the Fargo Force own his rights.

"This was the hardest decision of my life as I will be leaving my best friends and a school that I loved. I have one more week left here and it's going to be hard to say goodbye, but I feel like going to Fargo will be the best for my hockey development."

Fargo drafted McGuire in the second round of the USHL Futures draft, 22nd overall last season. With multiple departures up front for the Force, McGuire is expected to be an immediate contributor offensively.

Like I've mentioned previously on this site, I got to see McGuire at the USA Hockey select 15 festival against the top players in his age group in the country and he did not disappoint. Moving to the USHL for his final two seasons of high school should be a good stepping stone for his development before he steps into the WCHA as an 18 year old freshman.
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey