Saturday, August 29, 2009

USA Badgers photos & and Meghan Duggan article

BLAINE, MN - AUGUST 25: University of Wisconsin attendees back row (L-R) Angie Keseley, Jinelle Zaugg-Siergiej, Hilary Knight, Meghan Duggan, Molly Engstrom, front row (L-R) Kerry Weiland, Jessie Vetter and Erika Lawler of the U.S. Women's National Hockey Team pose for a portrait on August 25, 2009 at the National Sports Center in Blaine, Minnesota.

LIFE has a whole bunch o' photos of the 2009-10 US Women's National Team, including this Tom Dahlin/Getty Images photo of the 8 Badgers on the team. To see other photos of each player, click on their names.

(By the way, the caption on the LIFE site currently has the players in the back row listed in the incorrect order, so I fixed it above. Also, it's nice that LIFE allows for sharing of photos on non-commercial websites.)

In addition to looking for photos, I've also been continuing to look for articles on our USA Badgers, and today I found another article on Meghan Duggan.
“I was really excited to hear my name announced on Monday,” Duggan said. “It’s really huge to make it this far — to get by that first cut.

“I wished for, waited for and trained for this moment my entire life, and again it was great to hear my name announced the other day.”

Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey