Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"The season is right around the corner!" & other random items

  • Profiles have finally been added to the Badger Men's roster for incoming players. EDIT: Well, at least most of them, anyway. (This is what I get for initially just checking Justin Schultz.) Right now I see profiles for Schultz, Lee, Meuer, Thompson, and Ramage, with the others (Bennett, C. Smith) still "coming soon".
  • It's fitting that the profiles were added yesterday, as yesterday appears to be the 1st day of the season for the hockey staff. Mike Cerniglia tells me his summer is over and "I hope you are looking forward to a great year!!", and Paul Capobianco says "We had our first staff meeting of the year in the hockey office this afternoon. The season is right around the corner!"
  • I never noticed this before, but it's down in the very bottom left hand corner of the WCHA website and thus not noticeable when stopping by the site to scan for new articles, so I have no idea how long it may or may not have been there. It's a feature called "The WCHA Coaches Corner" in which WCHA coaches "present instructional information, philosophy, systems of play, and strategies of on-ice game situations. Many different subjects will be introduced in order to assist you in gaining a better understanding of how the game is played in the WCHA."

    2 of the first 3 entries are from Badger coaches. KP talks about stickwork, and Oz talks about shot blocking. The other entry, from OSU Women's head coach Jackie Barto, talks about practice plan preparation.
  • I know we posted this USA Today Hilary Knight feature back in June, but I stumbled upon it again while checking out the Vetter article, and I liked it so I thought I'd post it again.
  • The Omaha World-Herald has an interesting article about Dean Blais' approach to starting things out at UNO. (Props to Goon)
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey