Thursday, February 12, 2009

A few Thursday evening links

I don't have nearly enough links for this to qualify as a linkorama, but what the heck, I might as well post what I have.
  • The Calgary Herald has a really nice article about Rene Bourque, who (as I mentioned yesterday) recently surpassed the 100-pt NHL career mark and is having quite a nice year with Calgary. (Props to DPlaya for noticing the article.)

  • The Badger Herald takes a look at Jamie McBain and his candidacy for the Hobey Baker Award. And uwbadgers.com now has a McBain for Hobey site.

  • It's a bye week for the Badgers, but you might still be interested in INCH's WCHA stick salute/bench minor/getaway and USCHO's This Week in the WCHA.

  • Andy Baggot notes that the UW Athletic Board will be voting on it's 2010-11 proposed operating budget, including ticket prices, and that ticket prices may or may not increase. Looking back, I ran across a previous blog post by Baggot about ticket prices. Perhaps I'm petty, but at times like this I can't help but wonder how much the new lighting in front of the Kohl Center cost to put in.
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey