Sunday, October 18, 2009

MHKY G2: Tigers 1 - Badgers 1

I was hoping we'd be at the other end of the spectrum, that the offense would come out and create things.

-- Mike Eaves, when asked if he overestimated the offensive potential of his forwards
Recaps: uwbadgers, cctigers, Baggot (WSJ), Paisley (Gazette), Worgull (BN), Worgull (USCHO), Wodon (CHN)
Postgame presser: uwbadgers


A couple of lineup notes from last night. Blake Geoffrion was out with a concussion, so Matt Thurber was in the lineup as a center. Also, Eric Springer replaced Brendan Smith on D.

The Badgers opened the game with the line of Murray-Street-P Johnson, but early in the 3rd Turnbull replaced Johnson and late in the 3rd Mitchell replaced Murray. IIRC (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), the other lines for most of the game were as follows:
Bohmbach - Stepan - C Smith
Mitchell - Dolan - Grotting
Bendickson - Thurber - Turnbull

McDonagh - Gardiner
Goloubef - Schultz
Springer - Ramage
On the radio during the 1st intermission, Oz said the Badgers played flat and weren't moving their feet. Umm, well, yeah. I guess I don't have much more to say than that.

But I liked Scott Gudmandson. A lot. I don't know anything about goaltending, but I thought he looked confident and poised, and I thought he made some pretty good saves. Nice job, Goody, you probably deserved a win.
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey