Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Badgers Land BIG TIME Forward Corbin McGuire

According to the United States Hockey Report (Pay Site), and courtesy of the USCHO.com poster NCAA Watcher, the Wisconsin Badgers have picked up a huge commitment in Taft Prep forward Corbin McGuire.

McGuire, who is a freshman on the Taft squad, was at the USA National Team Development Tryouts last weekend in Ann Arbor, MI. I have yet to hear any rumors from the tryouts, but from what I saw this summer, McGuire has a great shot at getting an invitation.

At select 15's in St. Cloud, MN this summer, McGuire really held his own and was definitely a player that caught my eye. In fact, while I was there, I had him unofficially ranked as my #2 forward at camp behind Minnesota super recruit Seth Ambroz. In fact, McGuire was second in points in the tournament with 8 points in 6 games while at camp (Ambroz was first).

Being a freshman, the earliest that McGuire could come to Wisconsin would be for the fall of 2012 at this point. Of course there is always the option of accelerating his schooling. McGuire is a smallish forward but has boat loads of talent. I love this pickup for the Badgers.
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey