Sunday, December 21, 2008

Craig Johnson featured on uwbadgers.com

If you are looking to learn more about Craig Johnson's journey to becoming a Badger, check out this article from uwbadgers.com.

“It kind of happened suddenly. I wasn’t really producing any points at the beginning of the year, but then after Christmas I just went on a tear. The puck was just finding the net. I started getting calls from UMD, Denver and Colorado College. Duluth came to watch me in Iowa, we talked and they said they were looking for a defenseman.

“They didn’t really pursue anything. I came back up to Alaska and heard Joe Piskula might be going pro and Wisconsin might be looking for a defenseman to walk on. I think assistant coach Kevin Patrick called two days later. He told me he wanted to move fast on it and we went from there. Six days later, I was a Badger. It happened pretty quick. It was a dream come true. I think the first jersey I ever wore playing hockey was a Badger jersey.”

I didn't know much about Craig before reading this (not much info out there); prefect timing too since w/ the WJC, he'll get a chance to play the next four games on the blue line. I became a fan of Craig last year during the WJC when he filled in for Jamie McBain. Nothing flashy, but plays well in his own end. W/ all the early departures possibly in the next few offseasons, Craig should see some significant ice time as an upperclassman.
Hockey Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Wikio - Top Blogs - Hockey